Friday, November 7, 2008

shades of gray

She was sitting in the armchair, closed eyes, listening to music, random songs on her I-Pod.
Slowly movements with her lips, acting singing loudly.
Oh, that song! How many memories did that song remind; she thought that at the end she was missing him, just a little bit.
The phone rang!
She:” hello?"
He:"hey!"
S:"you?"
H:"Me!! Why?"
S:"you...I...I didn't think you would ever call!"
H:"I know...but...I...WE need to talk!"
S:"Ok...but...I don't like it!"
H:"I know!!"
S:" so...?"
H:" I think it's over!"
S:"Us?"
H:"You're far...!"
S:"And did you take 3 months for realize that I'm far?"
H:" No I didn't! But I think I cannot stand it! You’re far!”
S:” huh! Ok honey, thank you! What’s wrong with you? How many times I told you:”if you want to break up do it now, before I’ll leave”? and you every times told me :” no, it’s ok, I’ll wait!” and now, NOW it’s over? 3 months later?”
H:” you decided to leave, it’s your decision, it means you don’t really love me!”
S:” What? Do you think that I had to choose between my two biggest dreams?”
H:” maybe…I’m not saying that, just you made your decision, I made mine!”
S:” that’s cool! I mean, why for you everything is just black or white? Is I left equal I don’t care about us?”
H:” maybe, I mean…yes it is…!”
S:” you can choose! I mean is not black or white, is not I leave or I love you! The problem is not there!!”
H:” nope?”
S:” the problem is that we are not made for be together! After a couples months we should have realized it, but we didn’t! I’m telling you now!”
H:"now you are the one who is putting limits, The world has shades!!"
S:" that's bad! as usual you thin that I'm the one who's wrong, you're always the right one!"
H:" this is how the world works, babe!"
S:" oooh!! I hate this!! ok, you're right it's over!"
H:" is it over?"
S:" yeah! I'll leave you with your black-and-white vision of the world, I'm sorry for you. I'll go on with my, shades of gray, colored vision, we'll see at the end who'll be right!"
H:" huh?"

No comments: