Monday, October 6, 2008

Last Blues To Be Read Some Day

't was only a flirt 

you sure did know- 

some one was hurt

long time ago. 



All is the same 

time has gone by- 

some day you came 

some day you'll die.


Some one has died

long time ago- 

some one who tried 

but didn't know.


Cesare Pavese




this is the first and last poem written in english by Cesare Pavese, one of the most important italian writer.
when i say last i mean last forever : this is the last one he wrote, few months later he committed suicide, leaving in his room only a post -it “sorry for the mess”.
i love very much this poem because I think it show perfectly how can hurt a fake love, just a flirt, for one, but everything for the other one!

I don't know why but sometimes it seems that aren't we that fall in love with a poem, but it's the way the poem arrive to us that make us love it.
It is what happened between this poem and me, it arrived me in the best moment, when I needed for it.

No comments: