Thursday, September 4, 2008

how was my name chosen...

when i was born my brother was 15 years old, and my sister was 9
so they pretended to help my parents choosing my name!!my brother would like to call me Roberta,
my mother's choice was Sara,
my father's one was Barbara
and my sister's one was Alessandra!!they wrote all the names of four pieces of paper
and then put them in a hat.
My sister was the smallest in the family at that time,
so they chose her to catch the name from the hat.her hand catch a piece of papar...
"SARA"
was the result...!!!but my father hate that name...
soooo...
after a long long discussion,
my father persuaded my mother to re-do the catch from the hat!!!an other time my sister had to pick up a piece of paper
...this time the result...
was ALESSANDRA...
as you can read on my passport...
but only when i was 14 i discovered that when my father came to register me to the registry office
with a comma
( so it doesn't appear on my passport or my ID card)
he also put BARBARA!!!so my real name is Alessandra , Barbara Cuomo
...ABC...
and it's not funny!!!! -.-"

1 comment:

CMCEnglish said...

You are doing a fantastic job of dealing with the English language! Well done--

Have you considered writing poetry for your publishing project? Perhaps poems about your exchange student experience would be published in the same source you described. I ask because your poems are exceptionally good.

You have a creative perspective in your writing, and you seem to write from the heart. Well done.